Parkside Family Counseling, LLC collects personal information upon a visitor's request to be a member of our stakeholder group, or to follow up with requests for information and help. The information collected is not sold, rented or otherwise shared or provided to any individual or organization.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. During your first meeting with your therapist these rights will be reviewed. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities. You may:
Get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record
- Ask us to correct your medical record
- Request confidential communications
- Ask us to limit what we use or share
- Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information
- Get a copy of this privacy notice
- Choose someone to act for you
- File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
You can also make specific choices regarding what information we share in the following circumstances:
- In order to treat you
- To run our organization
- To bill for your services
- To help with public health and safety issues
- To comply with state and federal laws
- Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.
Parkside will never share your information:
- Marketing purposes
- Sale of your information
We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
Use of Email
When contacting Parkside directly via email, or in submitting a question to Parkside or Parkside staff, visitors to our website may share information that they deem confidential. We welcome such interactions with our website visitors, but we do wish to point out that information sharing via the internet is not inherently secure. Visitors should keep this in mind when sharing any personal information with us via email.
If a visitor chooses to use email, we will continue to communicate with him or her via email but we will not divulge identifying or client-specific material. We may password protect electronic communications. We will also convey information about Parkside services by calling us at 517- 266-8880
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.