Postpartum Depression (PPD)
Postpartum Depression affects women after having a baby. It causes intense, long-lasting feelings of anxiety, sadness, and fatigue, making it difficult for mothers to care for themselves and/or their babies, as well as handle daily responsibilities. Postpartum depression can start anywhere from weeks to months after childbirth.
- Postpartum Depression (PPD) Overview (CDC) | English | Spanish
- Mom's Mental Health Matters (NIH) | English | Spanish
- Postpartum Support International (PSI) Help for Moms | Help for Dads
- Postpartum Support International (PSI) (website)
Get Help Now:
Call the PSI HelpLine: 1-800-944-4773
#1 En Español or #2 English
Text “Help” to 800-944-4773 (EN)
Text en Español: 971-203-7773
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Video Series
*prepared in collaboration by DHHS, CDC, OMH
- Hear Sarah's Story on Youtube or click here!
- Hear Mona' Story on YouTube or click here!
- Hear Vanessa's Story on YouTube or click here!
- Hear Trivia's Story on YouTube or click here!
(Video) Women's Health: Overview of Post-partum Depression (PPD) presented by Campbell College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Help For Dads
- (Video) Fathers Respond to Perinatal and Postpartum Depression
- (Video) Country Singer, Wade Bowen, Writes Songs Supporting Fathers Experiencing PPD
- International Father’s Mental Health Day
- Tips about how dads can take care of themselves and their partners
- (Article) What It's Like to be a Dad with Postpartum Depression
- (Blog Post) Read a Doctor's blog post about how he beat postpartum depression
- The Postpartum Dads website was created by PSI Dad’s Coordinator David Klinker as a forum to help dads and families by providing firsthand information and guidance.
- (Book on Amazon) The Postpartum Husband book by Karen Kleiman
- Boot Camp for New Dads is a unique father-to-father, community-based workshop that inspires and equips men of different economic levels, ages and cultures to become confidently engaged with their infants, support their mates and personally navigate their transformation into dads.
- (Blog & Facebook Page) The Good Men Project is a blog and Facebook page addressing subjects related to dating, marriage, and fatherhood.
- (Videos) Center for Men’s Excellence
- Postpartum Support International (PSI) Help for Dads
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Seasonal Affective Disorder(SAD) is triggered by changes in seasons. This form of depression usually occurs during the fall and winter months when there is less sunlight.
General Depression Information
Living with Clinical Depression (video1)
Living with Major Depressive Disorder (video2)
Men & Depression. /downloads/client_resources/anger_management/men__depression.pdf
Understanding Depression Young Adults: Get The Facts. /downloads/client_resources/anger_management/understanding_depression_young_adults_-_get_the_facts.pdf
Understanding Major Depressive Disorder /downloads/client_resources/anger_management/understanding_major_depressive_disorder.pdf
The viscious cycle of depression. /downloads/client_resources/anger_management/depression_information_sheet_-_04_-_vicious_cycle_for_depression.pdf